January 3, 2009

Goodbye to 2008

I have decided to do a quick update even though my pictures aren't ready for this post. Christmas was good. I got to spend it in Lake Havasu with my whole family. My good friend, Kyle, and his wife decided to let me use their car for the break, which I was extremely grateful for. It was good to see my niece again...she is growing up way too fast. It was also good to visit with some old friends. But even though it was good to be with the people I love and grew up with, it was nice to get away.
The next week I was back in Thatcher. My old roommate, Erin, came from Mesa with me and spent 5 days in Thatcher. It was wonderful to have her back, but having her leave again was hard.
For New Year's Eve our good friend Jordan House and Justin barbequed for us and we talked and watched a movie and visited the Grahams...and talked some more. We finally kicked Jordan out of the house at 4 am. Haha! I bet his poor mother had thought he had died or something because he never goes home that late. I am so glad I have those guys as my friends.
So now here I am, sick and preparing to start teaching for one more semester. And I am not prepared! Ok, I'm fairly prepared, I just wish this break could be a few days longer.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Girl!
I'm glad you had a nice Christmas in Havasu :-) It sounds like the whole boyfriend thing is pretty hard on you. I'm sorry...I hope you can find a way that you can still have him as a close friend but I know that can be really hard. Keep being strong and fighting for what you really want. You're an amazing woman and if you can't find the right man I'll always be here for you ;-)
Happy New Year and I hope to see you soon!
Love, Allen