June 8, 2009

Read to the End to see the surprise!

I finished my first year of teaching...holy crazy! It went by WAY too fast.

I was also named Teacher of Distinction. And my name was on the radio and in the paper. Here is the little blurp about me...
Thatcher Elementary School—Katie Elliott: “Our nominee is Katie Elliott. Elliott is completing her first year of teaching and has demonstrated the willingness to go above and beyond what is expected of our teachers. She gladly volunteered to supervise an after-school drama club the students asked that we offer. With her assistance, the students have performed two quality plays and are practicing a third play. Miss Elliott has also volunteered to assist in coaching the Thatcher Middle School track team this spring. She arrives very early in the morning and, on many occasions, stays late in order to accomplish all that she does.
I also turned 23...big gulps! Why am I getting so old so fast?! My amazing friends in Gilbert threw me a little birthday party, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was such a good weekend. I went to the valley with Kyle and Kyia. And I stayed with Erin. We swam, watched a movie, shopped, I ate lunch with Allen. Then Kyle and Kyia and I went to dinner at my mom's in Queen Creek where my grandma made a scrumptious meal of Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes. YUM! It was a great day with some of the best people.

Minette came to visit! She is so pregnant and such a great friend! I have loved being able to spend time with her.

I started my Master's classes for the summer and I can barely keep my head above water in that class! It is so much busy work, which is cool, but there is so much! I can do it though. I have 2 days that I won't be there next week so I'm trying to get everything done for those days as well.

I also started teaching College for Kids with Jordan. It has been really enjoyable and the kids are so much fun. We are in the process of preparing a play for Friday...such little time with so much to do! But it is a really really cute play and we have these little boys that make it even more cute and so funny!

Thursday little miss Brittany Lundin with become Mrs. Hatch! I can't believe she is getting married! I think that we are all just growing up way too fast! But I like who she is marrying...and I like to take credit for them getting together. After all, they did meet because of me...and he lost out on getting together with another girl thanks to my ear drum (long, painful story). So CONGRATS Mr. and Mrs. Hatch!

And in a week I am going to...dun dun dun....Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Guatemala! I am so EXCITED!!!! I can't believe it is that close!

And last, but most certainly not least (but probably the most entertaining part of this boring post that is going on and on and on and on and on....you get the point).

Meet LOLA! My little bear. Oh my heck I love her! She is a Miniature Australian Shepherd and a total pain in the butt, but she has me wrapped around that fuzzy little paw of hers. And those eyes....they get me every time. *sigh*

4 comments:

me said...

cute little puppy!

have fun at brittany's wedding. we have some hatch's here in albuquerque. any realation to brittany's man?

Lindsey said...

Happy late birthday Katie! Lola is sooo cute. I can't wait until we have a yard and can get a dog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dave and Brittany said...

Hey that seems like forever ago! I am an old married woman now.. haha jk.