March 15, 2011

Shout out to The HOUSE

Some of you may be wondering who or what the House is. I will tell you. The one and only House is Officer Jordan Boltinghouse (unless you are Christy Dobbs, in which case it is Householder).

Jordan has been my friend since I student taught in the Thatcher Middle School Library, where he often though, "Who is this odd person who is in charge of Mrs. Simmons's classes and who is ruling my library?" Well, it didn't take him long to find out who Ms. Elliott really is. And it didn't take me long to find out that this ridiculously mature librarian was really a couple years younger than I am.

Well, as you can see, the library became our playground of sorts. It is where we really got to talk and know each other. We also had a little bit of fun.

However, the fun didn't stop in the library. Jordan was also a security officer at Eastern Arizona College, where we often met for walks at night or just visited while locking up campus. Sometimes my friends and I would make him do a scavenger hunt just to keep things entertaining. And a couple times Jordan even helped me prepare pranks on our friends. Such as, setting up a set of "beer" and "drugs" and getting arrested. Or having my friends do delinquent activities to see how fellow security officer trainee would handle the situation. In every situation we had a good time.

And then there was the time I made the tragic mistake of telling Jordan and Justin that there was a really creepy abandoned house that I wanted to explore. Why was this a mistake? They proceeded to tell this BULLCRAP story about how there was a murder there called the "Fishstring Murder". Not only did they tell me this story, but when they knew I wasn't buying it, they called Jordan's dad! Jordan's dad is also an officer, so of course I kind of believed him. But not all the way. And a few days later when they knew I was starting to even doubt that, they brought me a file...with a police report...and pictures! Well, I still checked out the house...and the story ended up being complete and utter CRUD! Stupid prank, but they did a great job at trying to convince me. (And to be fair...I did believe them for a bit).

And one of the best and most entertaining things we did was the Haunted Hallway, where we transformed the middle school into a haunted house for people to walk through. It was gory and took so much work...and we were EXHAUSTED by the end. But have you ever seen such a good looking group of psychos?

.

And then there were a couple nights of random picture taking around town. Or the time we kidnapped Jordan (which I can't find pictures of). The only complaint he made the whole time we had him cuffed and blindfolded was that we were about to drive away without putting his seatbelt on him. Of course he would complain about that!

.

This is when we went to Relay for Life together and some of my old students paid to have me jailed...which cost 4x as much to get out. What did Jordan do? He laughed and left me! What a jerk!

Jordan is also one of many talents. He was not only a librarian by day and security guard by night, but he also dabbles in the art of plumbing. Our toilet was leaking and flooding our bathroom, so he quickly researched possible solutions and showed up at our door looking like this...ready for a flood.

And without me, Jordan would have never known the meaning of green M&Ms. That New Year's Eve was entertaining...and lasted far too early into the morning.

And we can't forget about the times we had while coaching Middle School Track and Field. Or the summer where Jordan and I taught a Drama class for College for Kids...where we did such a fun play! Or when I kicked his trash during racquetball. Or that I called him Papicasa and he thought he could pimp out Erin and I after that. Or that this blog would not be updated without Jordan reminding me that I am a slacker when it comes to blogging.

Now Jordan has graduated from the Police Academy and has signed on with Sierra Vista Police Department and we don't see each other...ever. However, if ever I get pulled over in that area I can only hope that Officer Boltinghouse is the one to do it. Perhaps I should take a trip to Sierra Vista and drive as fast as I can around town. Just warning you, it might happen.

So Jordan...don't cry because it is over, but smile because it happened.

2 comments:

Dave and Brittany said...

Wow... very nice. Jordan is a good guy. BUT I have to say its a bit odd that this is the FIRST thing you write after a WHOLE year of not writing, and having some other remarkable people come into you life... like... say... hmm.. YOUR HUSBAND!

Musings of Mrs. Zale said...

I agree with D and B...why not write about other important people in your life...like ME!!! Haha...j/k...but as I was reading this blog post I was hoping you would include the lovely plumbing incident...Love you girl...I miss the 'non' too;)