April 9, 2009

Pink--Not my Favorite Color

Pink Slip--Not something you wear underneath a dress. Not something you want to get from your boss. Exactly what I will be getting next week. Yep, as of news I received on Tuesday, I am getting laid off. Of course they are trying everything they can to keep me, but I am still getting a pink slip by April 15th. That sucks!
And then Wednesday, we found out that my mom has breast cancer. We won't know more about it until she sees the surgeon on Monday. I am glad that she is coming to visit me this weekend.
And I have a sinus infection. And I just got an ear infection...while I have been taking antibiotics. How does that happen?!
But I love my life and I'm sure things will work out as they should.
I've become a huge believer in faith this week. I just have to have faith.

5 comments:

Orin, Minette and Sadie Packard said...

I know I just talked to you on the phone...but I just wanted to say again, that I LOVE YOU!!! and if you need anything, anything at all, I AM HERE FOR YOU!!! I LOVE YOU TONS!!! You and your mom are in our prayers!!...and I am pretty sure even your sort of future neice, Sadie(half Katie) will being doing the same for you!! We all love you!! :)

Terry and Heather said...

Katie,
Im so sorry! I feel so bad for not calling you or texting you to see how things are going for you.. PLease feel free to stop by or if you need anything let us know!

I love ya!

And we will keep you and your mom in our prayers.

Jory and Chani said...

Katie I'm sorry! I hate how last year they were dying for teachers now they're laying them off! What is wrong with this world! I hope you mom is okay! I'm sorry you've had such a bad week! I love you!

Marquette said...

Katie! I'm so sorry to hear your news. I love you so much! I hope everything turns out ok.

PiaNoSPaZ said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope everything works out for you. I miss you! Let me know if you need anything.